An Anchor Builders Carpentry Foreman will act as primary interface between Project Managers and the crew under them, and the Operations Manager of Anchor Builders. The Foreman will oversee and manage all activities of the framing crew including executing weekly reporting requirements, planning, and scheduling as laid out below. The Foreman ensures that project framing scope and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and extras/change orders are recorded.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inform team on where to be when new jobs start
- Meet with project manager on site at the start of every job to review plans and discuss details
Procure appropriate contact info needed for project from
- Lumber Salesman
- Truss Designer
- Architect / Designer
- Structural Engineer
- Project Manager
- Hold daily field huddles with team
- Calling out examples of core values, growth opportunities, questions around weather, maintain crew comradery
- Give clear expectations to crew members of what is to be done daily
- Prep team on ways to stay productive when foreman will be absent (with at least a full day or more of notice)
- Be to job site on time every day to unlock trailer
- Ensure that all tools are in the trailer and trailer is secured at the end of each day
- Supply gas and diesel for equipment as needed
- Order nails and other supplies as needed
- Monitor, repair, and replace tools as needed
Monitor and maintain all quality and thoroughness of your team’s workmanship
- Foreman will bear ultimate responsibility for any and all poor workmanship, incompleteness, and mistakes of the team
- Review in advance and communicate all material as needed to the Project Manager in a timely manner, ie. trusses, beams, 1st floor and 2nd floor loads, hardware etc.
- Control lumber usage and minimize waste
- Contact directly and schedule crane service as needed
- Contact directly and schedule any repairs needed on forklift
- Inform PM when dumpster switch out is needed
- Notify Operations Manager (John) if truck or trailer needs maintenance
- Ensure field team is following Anchor’s core values and maintains a positive Anchor image
- Maintain proper discipline of team
- Monitor site and team safety practices
- Keep track of setbacks due to weather, unclear plans, on site mistakes, absence of crew members etc.
- Provide a weekly report email to Operations Manager (John) on the status of project which includes timeline update, punctuality of personnel, and tracking of extras
- Keep in touch with Operations Manager (John) on when next project is needed
- Track daily tasks progress on framing spreadsheet provided by Operations Manager (John), include photo of this in weekly report email
- Be mindful of production and deadlines, encourage/lead team to continuing improvement
- Make sure all extra materials are stacked up neatly and the lumberyard is notified of returns readiness
- Maintain safe and clean jobsite
- Ensure that street, sidewalk etc. is clear of all mud, materials and equipment at end of each day
- Communicate to Operations Manager (John) when trailer needs to be moved from job to job, schedule accordingly.
The Foreman’s position and duties is subject to revisions from time to time as the company evolves or as directed by owners Operations Manager.