We are looking for a talented, hard-working team player with creative sensibilities to help contract, design, and manage a wide range of residential remodeling and new construction projects. As an Anchor Builders Designer, you will use your creative vision, space planning and design technology and software skills to stay aligned with clients, solving their pain points with complete layouts and project plan sets. Then, use your sense of style to guide homeowners through the construction phase with finish selections and coordination of each project. The main responsibilities of this position include the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attending project lead meetings as needed
- Provide rough hand-sketches layouts ideas for potential projects
- Stay aligned between sales and clients with project scope and costs.
- Participation and engagement in continuous improvement projects for the design department and holistic business
- Create interior layouts and exterior concept sketches based on project scope, homeowner’s needs/desires/design taste, and project limitations.
- Play an active role in pre-construction meetings as related to structural elements, sub-contractor walkthroughs, and project cost/bid reviews.
- Generate complete plan set (via AutoCAD) with detailed specifications.
- Complete all plan edits required for Permit approval and Construction Ready plan sets
- Conduct regular jobsite visits check-ins and answering sub-contractor questions relating to plans and design preferences throughout entire construction process.
- Establish ongoing partnerships with local showrooms/vendors, and staying in tune with design trends and local resources.
- Work directly with vendors to communicate order details, acquire estimates and competitive pricing.
- Ensues all selection orders are placed in a timely manner by communicating regular updates on selection deadlines and lead times to the homeowner.
- Practice mindfulness of financial health of projects by overseeing materials/finish final quotes, executing and recording change orders, and reviewing project allowances vs. invoices with homeowner prior to ordering, communicating completion of orders/need for PO with Business Ops, and utilizing our project communication tool – BuilderTrend
- Provide homeowners with design “visuals” in the form of Room Schemes, Interior elevation drawings, samples.
- Track daily design hours for a CAD work, selections, project coordinating, and meeting/onsite visits.
- Upon project completion, coordinate and stage home for project photoshoot.
The Designer position is subject to revisions from time to time as the company evolves or as directed by owner.
- BS/BA Interior Design or related field
- Preference of 2 to 5 years in any or all the following fields: Drafting, Residential Architecture, and Interior Design.
- Experience in Managing a Showroom, Project Management, and Construction is beneficial.
- MUST be proficient in: Auto CAD, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Creative Adobe Suite; with knowledge of In-Design, Photoshop, and Sketch-up.